Most of our work is done in Lexington and the surrounding areas. We are hoping to branch out into other areas as funds allow.
- We help people identify populations of stray, free-roaming and feral cats.
- Help them trap the cats
- Help to secure low or no-cost spay and neuter services
- Find resources for food & donations to help feed their colonies
- We take in cats and kittens as resources are available, provide veterinary services to sick and injured, get vaccinations for healthy cats/kittens
- Socialize any cats/kittens and prepare them for adoption
- Find adoptive homes for those animals that are fully vetted and properly socialized
Most of our work is done in Lexington and the surrounding areas. We are hoping to branch out into other areas as funds allow. We are committed to educating the public about the importance of spay and neuter to control the population of cats. Purry Paws Rescue, Inc.serves the Greater Columbia area as well as Lexington, Red Bank, Batesburg-Leesville, Summit, and Irmo.
No cat is adopted out until vetting is 100% complete, this includes spay/neuter, all vaccinations including rabies, which is required by state law. We have an adoption process whereby all prospective adopters must fill out an application with veterinary references (which are checked and verified) along with a home check that is made prior to adoption to ensure the animal is getting an appropriate, loving home.
Our adoption fees are very minimal and often do not even come close to covering the cost of raising, vetting and adopting out that cat or kitten. Our organization exists mostly out of our own pocket and some donations. We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit. When you donate via PayPal, a receipt is generated for your tax records. If you donate cash or check, we will give you a paper receipt or send you one via e-mail. We are listed on the SC Secretary of State website as an official non-profit.
Jodi Waits, President, Purry Paws Rescue, Inc.